GFMHSF Player Assistance Programs 2021
The Gabe Fleming Memorial Hockey Scholarship Fund (“the Fund”) provides financial assistance awards to young hockey players in Iowa. The Fund was founded in loving memory of Gabe Fleming.
Financial assistance for fees relating to participation in a house league or high school league through approved Iowa youth hockey programs will be considered and granted based on the following criteria:
- Availability of funds
- Financial need of the parent(s) and child applicant
- Number of years the child applicant has participated in youth hockey
- Positive character of the child applicant, including sportsmanship, leadership and participation in extracurricular activities
- Special personal circumstances involving the child applicant
The deadline for Financial Assistance Applications for the upcoming season and applicable Learn to Play programs is September 12th, 2021. All Applications related to these programs must be submitted by midnight central time on September 12th, 2021.
All submitted online Applications and supporting information will be kept confidential by the Fund. You will be contacted in the event there are any questions regarding your application, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.
GFMHSF Academic Scholarship- Closed for 2021
Qualified applicants for the $2,000 Academic Scholarship must be:
- A graduating Senior from a Des Moines area high school
- Currently participating in a hockey program
- Have been accepted into a secondary education institution/technical school/certificate program
- Complete the online application
Prior to beginning the application process, please make sure to have an electronic copy (PDF, PNG, TIFF, or JPEG format) of the following:
- One page personal statement
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher/coach/mentor
The deadline for Academic Scholarship Applications is TBD.
All submitted Application forms and supporting information will be kept confidential by the Fund. The Fund will retain all submitted supporting documents, so please provide copies and keep your originals. You will be contacted in the event there are any questions regarding your application, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.