GFMHSF Player Assistance Programs
Financial assistance for fees relating to participation in the house league or high school league through the Des Moines Youth Hockey Association (“the DMYHA”) will be considered and granted based on the following criteria:
- Availability of funds
- Financial need of the parent(s) and child applicant
- Number of years the child applicant has belonged to the DMYHA
- Positive character of the child applicant, including sportsmanship, leadership and
participation in extracurricular activities
- Special personal circumstances involving the child applicant
- Academic record of the child applicant
Please complete and submit the following as part of your scholarship application:
- Completed Youth Hockey Financial Assistance Application (2017)
- Copy of child applicant academic report card for the last two completed semesters
- Signed statement of financial need
- Copy of Release Agreement
The deadline for Financial Assistance Applications for the upcoming season and the first session of the DMYHA Learn to Skate is September 15, 2017. All Applications related to these DMYHA programs must be received or postmarked no later than September 15, 2017.
The deadline for Financial Assistance Applications for the second session of DMYHA Learn to Play Program is December 15, 2017. All Applications for the second session must be received or postmarked no later than December 15, 2017.
All submitted Application forms and supporting information will be kept confidential by the Fund. The Fund will retain all submitted supporting documents, so please provide copies and keep your originals. You will be contacted in the event there are any questions regarding your application, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.
Please mail the completed Application and necessary attachments to the following:
Gabe Fleming Memorial Hockey Scholarship Fund
c/o Zak Fleming
3051 104th St. Suite A
Urbandale, IA 50322
GFMHSF Academic Scholarships
The 2017 Academic Scholarships deadline has passed. Check back in 2018 for next year’s scholarship details.