GFMHSF Player Assistance Programs
Player assistance is given out at the beginning of the season to qualified players in need. Applications for the 2019-20 season will start August 2019.
GFMHSF Academic Scholarship
Qualified applicants for the $2,000 Academic Scholarship must be:
- A graduating Senior from a Des Moines area high school
- Currently participating in a hockey program
- Have been accepted into a secondary education institution/technical school/certificate program
- Complete the online application
Prior to beginning the application process, please make sure to have an electronic copy (PDF, PNG, TIFF, or JPEG format) of the following:
- One page personal statement
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher/coach/mentor
The deadline for Academic Scholarship Applications for 2020 is to be determined.
All submitted Application forms and supporting information will be kept confidential by the Fund. The Fund will retain all submitted supporting documents, so please provide copies and keep your originals. You will be contacted in the event there are any questions regarding your application, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.
Zak Fleming, President
Gabe Fleming Memorial Hockey Scholarship Fund